Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hallburn Terrorizes Parks & Recreation Office

A Menace To Society

Halburn has been frothing at the mouth for the last 6 months about the annual Dog Swim at the Wave Pool. He's convinced there's some hanky-panky, shenanigans and tomfoolery involved. So he filed another one of his FOIA fishing expeditions for documents.

On Wednesday, he went into the Parks Office to pay for for his FOIA. He brought $35.75 in rolls of pennies then demanded to have the wrappers back. Then he then he said he was threatened and feared for his life and called the police. In reality, he was the one shouting and making threats. He just called the cops before the Parks people called them on him.



Why would he do this?
Because this is nothing new for this shithead. He's done this before.
And he brags about it.

"In the late 80′s I bought a new truck. License plate was renewed several times with no problem. One day I am pulled over by one of West Covina’s finest. He cited me for having a station wagon plate. I had to go to the DMV and pay $51 because they screwed up and sent me the wrong tag. Nevermind that my renewal was in 2 weeks, they refused to eat their screwup. I went to the bank, brought in $51 in pennies, and they tried to refuse it. The clerk actually brought out the DMV cop and asked him to arrest me, which he could not do. Instead, he told Mr. Clerk about how they had to accept legitimate coin. Finally Mr.Clerk agreed, handed me the receipt, then had a stroke when I unwrapped the pennies. Clerk demanded the penny rolls. I advised that I was not required to give the DMV penny rolls, only the $51, which I did, and had the receipt to prove it. Clerk called out the cop again who, again, backed me. Clerk then asked me what it would take to turn over the penny rolls. (Keep in mind the mountain of $51 in pennies on the counter was huge) We negotiated a $15 price for the penny rolls and I walked out with a small moral victory."

What kind of a point do you think you're making with a stunt like this? That you're a prick? 'Cause that's working.

Here's a lesson for you Hallburn. They are not required to take your coins.
There is no federal statute mandating that currency or coins must be accepted as payment for goods and/or services. People are free to develop their own policies on whether or not to accept cash unless there is a state law which says otherwise. Like when you go to get a greasy hamburger and the place has a sign saying "No bills larger than a $20." The county can have a policy saying "No coins accepted for transactions over $1.00". All they are required to do is take payments denominated in dollars.
They can have a "No Cash at all" policy if they want.



"He's re-enacting his big triumph, the cheese investigation."



"Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers... Naturally, I can only cover these things from memory. If I've left anything out,just ask me specific questions - and I'll be glad to answer them one by one."


Keep it up, fatboy. We need a new mugshot of you.

7 comments:

  1. The best thing is that he admitted that the parks people called his "news site" an opinion blog and he was offended!!! Ha Ha Ha, that's exactly what it is!!! Everybody knows that BUT him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my math is correct, it appears that there was a net profit of around $657 toward building a much needed animal shelter when the canines got to swim. I still fail to see the issue here. What is the point of filing a FOIA for information that no one cares about......sounds like a good move for a good cause, and I'll bet everyone had as much or more fun watching canines enjoy themselves as they would if they were in the water themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mildred-Mitchell Bateman Hospital sure as hell doesn't want him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If most people want to know the latest news, they pick up the Charleston Gazette, Daily Mail or the Huntington Herald Dispatch, or listen to talk radio, or watch the local news stations. Why would anyone go to an online "news source" for information that is available from TV or newspapers? It's nothing more than an electronic tabloid, gossip column, and a soapbox to grind axes.

    Now for FOIA's. Instead of blaming the PA's Office for not "prosecuting" alledged violators of Chapter 29, read the Code. It says that anyone who feels they have been wronged may address this through the Circuit Court of the County the FOIA was filed in, and in this case, Putnam. The law is extremely clear if you read it. Passing the buck and blaming someone else for one's lack of self-initiative is just wrong and very misleading. Again, READ THE CODE, clear as crystal.

    Paying for anything in rolled pennies is juvenile at best, which just confirms what everyone already knows..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did he not notice that when the Gazette (a legitimate news source) has a FOIA suit they use their own attorneys not the county prosecutor?

    I guess he wants everything for free or someone else to pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He needs to represent himself, much like he did in his infamous trespassing case in Kanawha Co. last year, since he IS from California and so much smarter than us egg-no-rint hillbillies... we saw how well that worked out for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's easier to moan, groan and complain in a non-formal setting than it is to come up with lucid thoughts for a day in court.......bottom line, he has no case of any kind against anyone regarding FOIA issues. If he did he would man up and go to the Circuit Court of Putnam County, that's the first step.....not griping about the PA Office. Like the old saying, "put up or shut up".

    ReplyDelete