Monday, November 21, 2011

NEW FEATURE! Local Recipes

Mexican Cheese Ball

Many folks have been asking us if we could run recipes submitted by readers. So today we're running one by Doedy, a long time reader from Hurricane. Thanks Doedy!

Submitted by Doedy H
PutnamLIES.com
reader

I have taken this to many, many parties and each time I have literally seen someone "licking" the dish clean. It makes a great dip for chips!

MEXICAN CHEESE BALL

2 8oz Packages Cream Cheese (Can use the low fat for less calories)
1 Cup Mayo (Can also use low fat)
1 Med Diced tomato
1 Med Diced Red Onion
1 Med Diced Green Pepper
1 12 oz. Jar Salsa
4 - 6 oz. Shredded Cheese (Can also use low fat)



Blend the cream cheese and mayo together, round into ball and put on plate. Chill overnight.
Pour salsa over cheese ball and then vegetables.
Shredded cheese on top.
YUM YUM YUM!!!!

Another satisfied customer.

3 comments:

  1. Doedy,
    I have tried your Mexican Cheese Ball.... and I LOVE IT!!!!! My only problem is that there isn't enough of it! Serve me more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She ought to put rat poison in it if she's feeding it to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were feeding it to him, I'd add some ground glass.

    ReplyDelete