Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Buffalo Toyota Plant Target of Bomb Hoax



PutnamLIES.com correspondent Harry Stamper reports that while investigating the bomb hoax at the Buffalo Toyota plant he had the following conversation with a Toyota representative:
“Yeah, hi, my name is Harry Stamper, with PutnamLIES.com, and I wanted to ask about the bomb threat from yesterday…”
“Sorry, sir, we don’t have a comment. Who are you with again?”
“PutnamLIES.com”
“Oh…(pause), well, we only talk to recognized news sources, not bloggers”
“Ma’am, I’m not Mark Halburn.”
“Oh (laughs)… well, OK, I thought you were. We’re not supposed to give comments to him”
“I understand, trust me…”
(laughs again) “Sorry about that, sir. But we only give out news releases. I can direct you to our website, or fax one to you if you’d like?”
“No, that’s ok. I’ll pick one up off the wire. Thanks.”
“Thank you, sir. And I apologize for the mistaken identity”

Stamper is considering a defamation of character lawsuit.


The story is here.

5 comments:

  1. Another excellent article!

    Like I said before, it's hilarious that he'll eventually be forced to write about fluff news like bake sales and car washes, and of course, his jerking off of Troy Suxton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have feeling that many businesses would say the same thing about him. And probably do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think avoidance is a safe practice for anyone encountering such an overwhelming individual. Or misdirection, which is my Halburn defense mechanism of choice.

    I keep jerky in my pocket just in case I need to throw it at him and make a hasty retreat. I don't have to outrun the bear - which, I could, easily - I just have to outrun some other unlucky sod.

    I also think that if his alleged news site - or whatever it's supposed to be - was a little less obscure and irrelevant, more of his alleged "sponsors" would realize he was trying to trade credibility off their brands.

    Speaking of which, isn't that list suddenly a little shorter? I suspect someone didn't appreciate being associated with him without their knowledge and consent or with the prospect of being named among several businesses and organizations presumably listed falsely as "paying sponsors".

    Thanks for the entertainment. Satire is one of my favorite comedic expressions.

    -kg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harry, that is one suit you should be able to win handsdown. Being compared to this asshat is definately defamation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thinking is they'd give me a 2008 Prius if they thought I was Mark...

    ReplyDelete