Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Letters, I Get Letters

So I'm sitting in the basement my office (the one in Fraziers Bottom, NOT in my wife's house) last month licking the KFC grease off my fingers when I get another brainstorm.

I need some letters from more exotic locales. That will show the nay-sayers and trash-talking bloggers a thing or two. See, I like to think that by printing letters from other states, they'll think I have readers all across the country.
The problem is, nobody from any other state writes in, much less actually reads any of my "stories". I have enough trouble attracting local readers.
Even most of my local letters are made up. Do you think there's actually a Ray Bloomington of Hurricane, George Williamson of Eleanor, or John Grange of Scott Depot?

But the internet is an amazing thing, You can find letters to the editor in every online newspaper.
There's tons of them, who's going to know if I reprint a few and say that they were sent to me? What's someone going to do? Contact and ask them?

So I printed this in November's Letters to the Editor:



Which is very interesting, because here's the original:


http://www.mariettatimes.com/page/content.detail/id/517660.html?nav=5007

Notice how I dropped the part where she talks about her local concerns. That's because I knew that would be a tip off that it was swiped. Pretty smart, huh?
Lower Salem OH is 125 miles from Hurricane.

And then I printed this one:


Which came from here:


http://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/letters/story/1344561.html

Key Biscayne is over 1,000 miles from Hurricane.

And why stop there:



The original came from here:


http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20091112/ai_n42085590/

Fremont CA is over 2,500 miles from Hurricane.
Who-hoo! Look at me! I get letters from across the US. I'm very important!
Not really though.
Like somebody once said, "You can fool some of the people some of the time and the rest you can just jerk off. "
With my personality disorder, I'm a pro at both.

If that trash-talking blogger could write here I bet he'd make up some headline like "Pussy Publisher Plagiarises Purloined Postings" or say something like,
"I'll guaran-fucking-tee that NONE of these people sent these letters."
And he'd be right.


All I have to say is they would write they knew who I am and what I stand for.
I'M MARK "HALLBURN", GODDAMMIT!!!

14 comments:

  1. WHAT!!!! He posted something without asking for a copy of their driver's licenses?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting articles also from January 2009 archives:

    "Support Wildlife Protection Write Washington"
    Rodger Schlickeisen
    President
    Defenders of Wildlife

    "Goodbye 2008, Welcome 2009"
    Caroline M. Mann
    Pomona, California

    "Teenagers Should Become Vegetarians"
    Jennifer K. Reilly
    Senior Nutritionist
    The Cancer Project
    Washington, DC

    What are the chances the originals could be found elsewhere? How many of these are there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having been a long time Putnam Co. resident and being a active member of the community, I would just like to say for the record that Mark BALBURN will get my write in vote for mayor of Hurricane!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure if we took the time, we'd find that most of these out of state letters appeared first elsewhere and were reprinted without permission.
    I'd also venture to say we'd find a few letters authored by fictitious individuals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think GoW found, via county and state tax results that some of the "authored" letters were in fact fictitious. PutPutBlob has to steal and make up his own letters, just like he steals and makes up everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ty: you're giving him far too much credit. Like he has an original thought in his head? I mean, he steals EVERYTHING on his site! He steals pictures, letters, links to the work of others. He is physically incapable of doing any kind of work aside from photographing other people's kids, which, I believe will some day come out that he has some dastardly reason for that. I'm guessing pederest, but hey, nothing that could be proven in a court of law. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting that the publisher has removed the purloined letters and anti-Walmart blogs from his "website"...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure that was a staff decision.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how criscomitts just silently removed the STOLEN material... and yet... he's all bent outta shape over the fact that we're calling him out about begging for a TV.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pussy Publisher Purposely Pulls Purloined Posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed out on PutPutBlob's whining...damn. Oh well, I will see it next time. Nothing makes me more happy than listening to the fat hypocrite whine of the "excessive noise" (bullshit!) and then him going over to that very Walmart and shopping there....ya know he does.

    PutPut let me tell ya something, we had a shopping center built right behind our houses and with the exception of some beeping from the delivery trucks, I never hear them. I have fallen asleep in parking lot of the busiest Walmart in Virginia on a holiday with the damned windows down (it was a warm Black Friday) and it didn't bother me. You are in a house I am guessing is made of more than toilet paper and on a hill, I was in a truck with the windows down IN THE PARKING LOT...see the difference.

    Now PutPut, you could always move...but the only offer your "wife" turned down because it was too low. Greedy fat bastard. You think, in this housing market, you are going to get $300,000 for a piece of used toilet paper? Hell no. There are huge McMansions in Northern Virginia going for under $300,000, when just a couple years ago they were selling for near a million. You aren't getting $300,000 for a rancher or whatever the fuck you live in BECAUSE IT IS TOO DAMNED EXPENSIVE...ain't got nothing to do with the noise (what noise?), just too damned expensive. Bring it down about $150,000 and you might have some people buying, but right now your greedy fat mits ain't getting any money....which means you get to put up with all the noise you can take.

    This is of your own doing Crisco, your own doing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Eduring the Hurricane Walmart journal will return. It was temporarily pulled to make room for an editorial cartoon. You don't influence my editorial decisions. You don't influence ANYONE!

    As for the homes in Virginia, I don't care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Forgive me but don't want to change topic thread... but isn't it somewhat tacky and not very respectfulto say the least of Putnamblob taking pictures at a funeral home memorial service? Or possibly this was a member of his editorial board? What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been 10 days now and "Hallburn" has offered no explanation for his plagiarism.

    ReplyDelete